Aether is a growing consultancy specialising in air quality and greenhouse gas emission inventories and environmental data systems. We are looking for a Research Consultant to be based at our Milton Park office in Oxfordshire.
The successful candidate will be highly numerate, confident and attentive to detail. You will be encouraged to challenge ideas and to innovate in order to help us grow our business. The role will involve a wide range of projects which will require data processing, desk based research, and the development of new products and ideas in the air quality and climate change fields. Project work will be focused at the local, national or international scale and may include international travel and working at customer sites. The position provides the opportunity to work for our customers in Governments and international organisations on high level policy support and policy formation, as well as research work.
· Applicants should have a good relevant degree, preferably at the Masters level
· Excellent numerical and data handling skills within MS Excel are essential
· Experience of using GIS or database software would be beneficial
· An understanding of air pollution is expected, to support our emissions modelling work
· Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work are desirable
Aether offers a friendly working environment and excellent opportunities for those making a significant contribution to the company. Aether operates as a carbon neutral company, financially incentivises staff to use environmentally sound modes of transport for business travel, and is based in an environmentally sound building. For further information about the company see www.aether-uk.com.
Applicants should provide a CV, and a covering letter that includes the following:
· An overview of experience in the areas of air quality and greenhouse gas emissions.
· A description of data handling capabilities, and examples of use in projects.
Please send the information to Chris Dore at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
No Agency applications please.